I am a food snob. I like to drink. I’m also a cheapskate, which means I hunt down every restaurant special I can find. I would love to see a directory of local restaurants that lists when they offer specials and what they discount. Here’s where you come in- what are your favorite food and/or drink specials in the city?
While I’ve been thinking about this for years, it’s Style’s “Short Order” restaurant news section that reminded me of my goal with its report on a new special at Julep’s:
Deal at Julep’s
Early birds get a discount off the entire check at Julep’s New Southern Cuisine, one of the little jewels of Shockoe Bottom for its creative fare, professional service and two-level, fireplace-lighted dining rooms and bar. Owner Amy Cabaniss offers a flat 20 percent off the entire dinner check for parties of four or fewer who reserve tables Mondays through Thursdays, 5:30-6:30 p.m. 1719 E. Franklin St. 377-3968. http://www.juleps.net.
- Sam Miller’s: $0.75 oysters during Thur. & Fri. happy hour (4-8?)
- 821: Thursday is happy hour all day (with Legend on tap!)
- Cafe Gutenberg: Wed. is half-price wine night
- Sticky Rice: half-price sushi on Fri. (5-6) and Mon. (10:30-12:30)
- Capital Ale House: cheap domestic drafts ($2-3) on Sundays (1-5); $1 burger night on Mondays (no sides included)
- Que Pasa (church hill): also has $1 burger nights on Mondays